Sunday, November 16, 2008

Texas Right of Passage

Can you see what I see?



Do you know what it is?



What about now?


It's a possum! In my GARAGE!!!
Sleeping during the day all snuggly in my emergency preparedness blanket.

I had cleaned a melon the night before Liam's baptism, put the rinds in a WalMart bag, tied it closed and threw it out in the garage to pick it up the next day and take it all the way to the garbage, on the next day when I went to get my dry-cleaned dress out of the van the bag had been ripped open and the rinds were all over the place. Did I mention the garage door was down when I put the bag in the garage? yeah. This evidence meant that something was in my garage that could rip open a bag.

We found the possum later that day.
Alec successfully got it into a rubbermaid container and took it to the Stone Oak walking park to find a different happy home. It's kind of a Texas Right of Passage to have animals like skunks, raccoons and possums take up residence in the garage... but really. I don't need anything else. We have had a snake and birds and now a possum.


Success! It was a stressful adventure to get this wild animal into the container and brave hubby did it while I stood back and took pictures.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OhMyGosh!!!! Wow, Alec really is a hero!!! Chloe told me on Sunday that there was a REALLY nice grandma in nursery. You'll have to tell your mother-in-law she is the really nice grandma Chloe was referring to, Thank her for being so nice!