Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nov 19 My Love

(Okay, yes, I know I am doing yesterday's post today, I hope to post today's today too! I just ran out of time yesterday)

Today (yesterday actually, but today too)I am thankful for my hubby, my sweetheart, my love - thankfully too, they are all the same wonderful man wrapped into one. I know that I have a really good husband. I try to be thankful for him and not whine or complain because he is so good. He is kind, considerate, thoughtful; he is a good dad that loves his boys, interacts with them, encourages them, engages them; he is a hard worker that always puts family first, he is responsible and takes pride in the things he feels strongly about; he is just a really all around good guy. And he loves me.

Sometimes I hear other "husband" stories and thank my lucky stars for my golden man. This week has been one of those weeks where I have heard lots of other husband stories that bring me home to plant a great big long kiss on him and say - "Thank you" He has learned not to ask for what. Just say "you're welcome."

And then....

Last night I was leaving to go do a few night visits and I was in a hurry and I had this uneasy feeling about the night and I just had my mind on so many things. As I backed my van out of the garage I heard a smash - and it really took me several seconds that later felt like an eternity to realize that I had hit his car! I pulled forward, got out, by some miracle couldn't see any damage, shut the van off, went inside to tell him, and ya know what he said when I said "I just backed into your (implied: very expensive baby of a) car..."?

He said...

(Crossed the room to put his arm around me) "it's okay, you know you are more important to me than my car, are you okay?" In all sincerity. Not a single edge of worry, concern, unhappiness, disappointment in his voice at all.

He went out with me and there wasn't any damage that either of us could see, so that's good. Well, I did take some paint off (the size of a nickle), but no dents or deep scratches. But he didn't know that when he was so kind and nice in the house to me. And then he says, "I'm pretty far ahead of you in the accident, damage to cars area." (which is true, but I still felt awful.

Yes, I know that I am more important to him than his car... but I know he loves that car a great deal. I am thankful for him - and for the example he sets for me and his growing boys.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're okay. Hopefully you haven't heard too many "other" husband stories from me!