*please read the comment that Amber left on my Nov 1 post. She was so much more eloquent than I was.*
I am grateful that today is fast and testimony day. In our church the first Sunday of each month is set aside for members to fast and bear their testimonies if they feel prompted.
I am thankful that I have this regular opportunity to come unto the Lord and make a small sacrifice of my own. I have witnessed many blessings and answers come because of fasting. I have a testimony of the law of the fast and have also felt my own heart swell with added testimony because of it.
I also know and see first hand the good that comes from fast offerings. The money we would have spent on the meals we fasted is given, by choice, to the fast offering fund. This money is then used to help families that are in need and are struggling to support their family, fast offering money is then used to help them get food or in some cases at the discretion of the Bishop to pay bills. It is a beautiful program and I am thankful to be a part of it.
I am in deed grateful for fast and testimony Sunday for it brings me back to what the the Savior needs from me most and increases my faith in him each month.
No comments:
Post a Comment