"It's so much easier to be happy [when you have] support."
-Chris Stewart
When I first heard that quote, I asked myself, who needs my support? Who could I be supporting better to encourage their happiness?
There is also the life lesson that when we allow ourselves to be served, we receive additional blessings.
Yesterday when I answered the phone with a froggy voice the person on the other end insisted on bringing me and our family soup and rolls. I felt fine, but I sounded horrible! But having that soup for dinner last night and not having to cook for my family was delightful. I was, happy.
Today when another friend called to check on our sickie family and I assured her that I was fine, capable of taking care of the rest of them, and that everyone was on the mend... she accepted it. She also gave me a scripture to look up before she got off the phone.
Mosiah 4:27
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order, for it is not requisite that man should run faster than he has strength. And again it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he may win the prize; therefore, all things shall be done in order.
It appears that I have much support in my life; and therefore, I have much happiness. And when we are happy it is easier to be thankful. Sometimes it is nice to be served in all my serving.
2 comments:
I'm sorry that you and your family has been sick.
Support is always there ... it just takes a great deal to ask or accept it. You are NEVER alone!
Post a Comment