I am grateful for fall. I love fall in places that have seasons. It is just starting to feel fall-ish here in Texas. The weather is cooler and the lawn is starting to go dormant. But... it isn't pretty. We don't have the pretty fall colors. And the oak trees in my yard won't lose their leaves until February but they will already be budding again... so there is not real fall around here.
I do love fall and am grateful for this time of year. The time of year that we should be slowing down and reaping our harvest. The time of year that we stop and say I have so much and I am so thankful. Maybe that is what I like so much, the thankful part. I try diligently to be thankful each and everyday and it seems like the world joins me in the fall in celebrating thanks.

This is my mantle for November.
I do love fall and am grateful for this time of year. The time of year that we should be slowing down and reaping our harvest. The time of year that we stop and say I have so much and I am so thankful. Maybe that is what I like so much, the thankful part. I try diligently to be thankful each and everyday and it seems like the world joins me in the fall in celebrating thanks.

This is my mantle for November.

And I am also thankful for friends that hold my hands and help me with projects that intimidate and scare me on so many levels! This is one of my kitchen chairs. I love my table and chairs. Love love love them. BUT the fabric on my favorite kitchen chairs was not only light, but textured. It held and showed food, stains and everything. We used to make Hewy always sit on the same chair and it was way stained and gross. He looked at it a few weeks ago and said "eew yuck." and moved his booster seat to a different chair.
I had the idea to cover the chairs in a leather-like material. I can wipe them off a damp cloth and they are perfect for our family now. However, I was intimidated because the last time I recovered chairs, it was only an okay experience, I wasn't thrilled with the results. And the staple gun... freaks me out.
Thankfully I have a good friend, Kemille, that was willing to hold my hand and help me bite the bullet and do it. I am happy with how they turned out. And the staple gun wasn't so scary after the first few chairs. And I wiped the chairs off after dinner and wow - what a difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment