It's never a good thing when your alarm doesn't go off on Monday morning. Is it? I guess it would be a good thing if I didn't have anywhere to be, anyone to meet, anything to do. But that was not the case today. And the day just kind of went that way all day.
Appointments with me were late. (Non English speaking - that's all I'm saying)
That made me miss my morning appointment. (breakfast a McD's with the Ladies)
Kids not thinking about school because it's Thanksgiving week. (I still make them read everyday)
Okay so nothing terrible happened, just little hiccups.
I did get to sit on my couch and talk to my Sister Anna for an hour or so. "Sister" as in related, not "Sister" as in church, although she is that too - a Sister in my ward. But Sister as in related first. I love her and am grateful for her genuine goodness. She is a "hopeless optimist" (That's Dunn humor) She is talented in ways that I am not. Today she was retrieving her staple gun from my garage because she is attempting to build shelves. Shelves. Really? You can make those? The funny thing, that won't be funny to anyone but me, is that my very first memory of Anna involves her making bookshelves, or talking of making book shelves. I don't remember many details. Christy (Alec's sister and my High School friend), Anna (Then Christy's roommate and I think dating Dell (Alec's brother)) and I were in a car together and the roommates (Christy and Anna) were talking about building book shelves, and I had the same exact thought 13 years ago (I'm guessing on the time frame) that I had today. Shelves. Really? You can make those?
So that was good. I am thankful to have Anna. In my life. And in San Antonio.
I also made dinner tonight. That's always a good thing. And everyone ate it without complaining. At the start of dinner Liam asked, "Why are we having pork for dinner?" and I answered, "because that's what I fixed." And that was the end of complaining about dinner. I have no idea why he asks some of the questions he does. Looking back, I don't think it was a complaint, I just think he wanted to know why we were having pork for dinner. I've got to start thinking like an inquisitive 8 year old.
I am thankful to have realized that his questions are not always complaints.
It's late and I best go to bed because I have to make good on my promise to take the kids to McD's for breakfast. Even if the ladies don't join me (who wants McD's two days in a row?)
1 comment:
I am just as grateful for my Sister Dixie. I gain more from those chats on the couch than you do dear. Thank you for making time in your super busy life for chats with me. Love you so much!
Post a Comment