Today I am grateful for . . .
Hewy is sick, three year old, I can't really tell you what's wrong, but my nose is goopy, my cough is congested, my face and neck seem swollen, I don't have the vocabulary to tell you so I am just going to scream at you and my brothers all day, kind of sick. So I am thankful for Tylenol, Nighttime Triaminic, Noggin and apple juice that comes in a plastic jug from the store and plastic sippy cups that are probably bad for the environment. How did those pioneers do it? I can't even imagine. The clothing changes a day after the wet cough slurps all over the cloths. Eew! Or the non-existent boxes of Kleenex. Let alone the elephant shaped humidifier, bubble gum flavored medicine, or the juice I didn't have to find, pick or squeeze the juice from fruit in order to serve. And the TV - "How to Survive a Sick Toddler (and homeschool) Without a TV" is not the title of book that I will be writing anytime soon - okay, I will just flat out admit it: I will never write a book on parenting without a TV. God inspired men to create bubblegum flavored medicine and Child appropriate TV stations, all for me. All me. All those other mothers out there that think TV is bad for kids, that's okay with me, because I am certain it was invented, created and put on this earth to serve (and save) me in times like today.
Grateful. Yep, that's me.
1 comment:
Ahhhh...thank you Dixie. I love Disney Channel and PBS because it means I get to breathe and do dishes and fold laundry and cook dinner and nurse Jack. They are a necessity. Sometimes I just need the back ground noise. I'm always afraid to say it. I feel like I have to hide behind it...I LOVE TV TOO. Thank you for enabling me to admit it :)
Post a Comment