Big shout out and a family cheer to Shawnie -
Happy Birthday!!!!
November has turned out to be a big Happy Birthday month for our family - you'll be hearing lots of Birthday wishes this month.
Today I am grateful for the gift of service. As I woke up this morning, I will admit, I was sinking in a mile long to do list. And Hewy was sick. And I had so many things that needed to be done. And co-op was canceled. But it all worked out and I was able to get all the things done that needed to be done. That doesn't mean the list is completed, but the have-to-be-dones all got done.
So, back to the beginning. I woke up feeling overwhelmed and discouraged and inadequate - not knowing how I could possible get through this day. And then there were complications to my already overwhelming day that had me discouraged and feeling like I just don't add up. But by my third appointment of the day I found myself almost relieved for these three stops that had added so much pressure to my day. I realized that there is truth in "Forget yourself and go to work" on a level that I had never understood. A level I achieved today, I forgot me, my wants and desires, my demands of the day - and did the Lord's work. And I saw first hand, not only the difference it made in their lives, but how it uplifted and encouraged mine.
People ask all the time how on earth I do it all. The truth is that I don't do it all. Not even close. Sometimes that gets to me, but I have to let go and say as the Savior said - I am about my Father's work. And when I do that, when I let go of my pride enough to do His will - He really does carry the rest.
I am grateful for eternal truths and the simplicity of service.
1 comment:
You know what, Dixie? I think about you a lot and consider myself lucky that you're in my life. You are honestly one of my favorite people in this world. I admire you...just for who you are. Not because you're perfectly flawless, but because you're Dixie. Sincere, REAL, thoughtful, witty, strong, smart, honest, and you try hard to do what will leave a place/person in a better state then when you found it/them. Lots of love, Courtney
Post a Comment