I remember when we decided to build and we were picking our lot that Alec kept "walking off" the lots to see how big they yard would be on each lot. When I asked what he was doing he told me we would need "X" feet for pitching, "X" feet for tossing a football, "X" feet to play ... whatever. I paid little attention at the time. This sounded like a boys-slash-daddy thing that I had not business being apart of.

So tonight when Alec got home from work he came in and said the boys wanted to throw the football around before dark, which was Alec speak for: push back dinner I'm gonna spend sometime with my boys. When I went out to watch they were not throwing the football they were playing yard tennis. Alec was in the driveway, Liam was by the tree (they were a doubles team) and Noble was over by the ditch, and they were playing tennis. Yard Tennis, as the ball doesn't bounce on grass, our grass anyway, and they were serving and keeping track of hits, etc. Who knew? I tried to take action shots, but the distance between them and the dust sky and well, I was using the point and shoot. So you get a pose instead.
So tonight when Alec got home from work he came in and said the boys wanted to throw the football around before dark, which was Alec speak for: push back dinner I'm gonna spend sometime with my boys. When I went out to watch they were not throwing the football they were playing yard tennis. Alec was in the driveway, Liam was by the tree (they were a doubles team) and Noble was over by the ditch, and they were playing tennis. Yard Tennis, as the ball doesn't bounce on grass, our grass anyway, and they were serving and keeping track of hits, etc. Who knew? I tried to take action shots, but the distance between them and the dust sky and well, I was using the point and shoot. So you get a pose instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment