Monday, October 27, 2008

Would you protect yourself with a potato chip?

Last week we attended a "Water Fest" for homeschoolers that was hosted by San Antonio's water company, SAWS. (San Antonio Water System) I just want to send out a BIG "oh-yeah!" to them for such a wonderful event. It was free. It was free and phenomenal. So often free events are not so worth my time, but this one, this one rocked. At the gate they gave each child 10 tickets, rides and other activities were one ticket each. Snack could also be purchased with the tickets, popcorn 1 ticket, soda 2 tickets, apples and oranges 1 ticket... etc. They could also earn more tickets by attending classes that lasted for 20 or so minutes. My boys attended a class on the Edward's Aquifer, a dinosaur class, a river council class, the water cycle, and a class on plants/trees. They also learned how to detect leaks and how to keep the rivers clean. It was cool, I thought so and so did they! Cool School.


Noble about to ring the bell at the top of the rock climbing wall.
They let Noble climb in his crocs, but they didn't let other people - I don't know why they let him. Liam had sneakers and socks on and when a homeschool friend, Lily, didn't have socks and closed toed shoes... she borrowed Liam's socks. I warned her they were boy-socks and I couldn't tell her how long he had worn them, but she wanted to climb, so she wore his socks and her sisters shoes.


This is Liam after he climbed the wall.
Note the torn jeans that he loves and wears 5 days a week.



This picture is blurry, but the memory is important enough to me to post anyway. The Dinosaur guy was hilarious. He had the boys rolling in laughter. I know it is was one of those things where you had to be there in order to understand just how funny he was, but the title of this post comes from the Dinosaur guy. My boys loved it.


These were beaded necklace/bracelets that we made. Did I mention there were crafts too? And it was free!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: