Friday, October 31, 2008

For Shauna, who inspires me

And all you other women out there!

I wasn't going to dress up this year. Have I looked at my own to do list? I didn't need one more thing to do. To prepare. To think about. To ponder. To pray. To... wait - that was a tangent.

I want all you Superwomen out there to know I truly 100% was going to simplify and give myself some breathing room this year - Kids could wear what they wanted from the dress up box and me... I was a Mom and that was okay.

At 5:45p.m. (party starts at 6 across the street) I finished the soup to take to the party, I ran upstairs to comb my hair and changed my smelly-ran-around-all-day shirt when it I started hearing voices.
You could just put on the witch's hat from last year.
You could rat your hair and be a crazy lady.
You could do something.

So I did.

I changed the clean-not-smelly shirt I had just put on to a purple shirt, took my tiara from my nightstand - (yes I really keep a purple tiara on my nightstand, my sisters will understand), pushed in my amethyst earrings that I love so much because my boys gave them to me, ran downstairs to grab the purple cape from the coat closet and brushed some make-up on my sweating face seconds before I was in the kitchen ordering help to carry the soup and goods to the neighbors because it was 6:01 and I hate to be late.


Who am I?
"I am convinced that with a tiara and a cape that I could save the world.
I am a Mother."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm delighted to know you have your tiara next to your nightstand! I have too many princesses to keep a tiara in the open, but my book is in my top drawer of precious things. (Next to my box of Hershey bars reserved for Monday Mom Meeting treats, so it smells a little like chocolate now.)
I'm glad you dressed up. I love the quote at the bottom of your pic.
Have a fabulous day.
S.

J&C Hale family said...

I love your costume, and your quote. I'm glad you had such a good Halloween!