Thursday, October 23, 2008

favorite whoops

I have a picture slide show on my desktop sidebar that goes through not only the pictures of mine stored on my computer, but also pulls pictures of friend's online albums that I have visited. It is one of my favorite things and makes me smile at least once a day when a memory picture pops up, or there is someone I haven't seen awhile smiling back at me or in the case of these pictures... my whoops pictures.

I don't think I took a single one of these pictures. But I love them.
Whenever I see one of them on the slide show I smile.
Happy mistakes.


This is Liam, twirling in our Salt Lake house - I recognize the berber carpet.
It makes me think of carefree days, joy and laughter.



This is Noble, and I am pretty sure he took it himself. I love the blue eyes, but what I love about those eyes is I see the wonder and the mischief in them. If I push this button with the camera facing this way a picture of me pops up on the back.



And this.
The Yellow Cup on Counter, A Child's Perspective by: Liam
(Okay, just look past the grimy edge of the counter and see the real art here.)
There have been times in my artistic photography life that I have been jealous that I didn't take this picture. It is one of my all time favorites from all of the thousands of pictures I have stored digitally.
Now - years later, I love the memories associated with it. The counter of my too, way too, small kitchen in Salt Lake, the sliding door looking out into my green backyard, the edge of the frame of the apple picture my husband surprised me with one year. But you probably don't see all that - you probably just see the same yellow cup on the counter that Liam did - from a child's perspective.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Awesome Rawsons said...

I, too, love to see the picture memories pop up on my screen saver- slide show. I rarely delete pictures before I load them from the camera to the computer so all of the "mistakes" get downloaded too. Sometimes the "mistakes" are the most interesting and beloved.