Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Somtimes I forget...

You know that "funny" email that circulates that says something like this...
I didn't get anything done today because when I went to put my breakfast cereal bowl in the dishwasher I realized I needed to unload the dishwasher so I started that, then the phone rang and I picked it up and found yesterday's mail on the counter next to the phone so I sorted it and when I went to throw the junk away I found that the garbage was overflowing so I took it out only to trip on the kids shoes on my way in so I picked them up and put them away on the shoe shelves in the laundry room and found the laundry needed to be switched so I went to empty the drier and found the cloths still damp so I restarted the drier just as the doorbell rang and I closed the door to the neglected homeschool room so that the visitor couldn't see the chaos from the door and found a friend dropping off a box for the Friendswood project which reminded me I needed to get my stuff together for the Friendswood project so after closing the door I set off to find a box to put the Christmas decorations that I left out from the attic to send and while looking in the storage closet for a box I found more decorations I had forgot about so I put them in the proper place and checked the laundry room for an extra box and remember the drier so I pulled the now dry cloths out and switched the washer to the drier and started folding the cloths and after bringing them upstairs to put them away I passed the sleigh of books and remembered we hadn't read one yet today so I set the cloths on the stairs and turn around to pick out a book and then I hear the phone ring so I answer it and the caller needs me to look up a number for them so I pick up the cloths on the stairs walk upstairs while small-chatting put the cloths on my bed, look up the number on my computer and as I hang up I glance outside and think to myself...

Sometimes I forget that I live right next to a ranch and that I have cows in my backyard.
Then I take a deep breath.
Refocus.
Go outside and take pictures.




Thus is my life.
And that is why when people ask me "so what did you do today?"
I don't always know the answer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: