Tuesday, December 2, 2008

geckos, books and yawns - oh yeah and Elves

I was sitting in my Quiet Room today, and despite it's name, my Quiet Room in not usually quiet. That is because I have three boys and even when I say things are quiet around here - quiet does not mean silent. But today - it was. All three kiddos were at co-op and I had the whole house to myself, including the Quiet room. Only it wasn't silent.
I think there is a gecko or other small lizard that is hiding behind the picture frame on the wall. At least that is where I think he is. If you don't already know, small lizards like geckos chirp. And there was a very soft chirping coming from my Quiet Room today. It reminds me of our Hawaiian Honeymoon, so I didn't freak out too much. And lets face it I live with three boys - lizards are the least of my worries.

This is the read-aloud we are reading right now for school.



This is the Christmas picture book we read today.

I love Auntie Claus.
I love it because all the women in the Dunn family are Aunties. Auntie Dixie, Auntie Shauna, Auntie Sis/Christy, Auntie Anna, Auntie Bine and Auntie Jenny. The book makes me think of them just because of the name. I love the Aunties.
I also love the "order" of Christmas in the book - the respect that Auntie Claus has for the holiday.
I also love this quote:
"And darling, always remember my first and final rule - whether it's birthdays, Christmas or Halloween, it is far better to give than it is to receive!'


So Yawns.
I can't seem to stop yawning. I got enough sleep last night. I have gotten up and moved around and taken deep breaths to get my body extra oxygen - but I keep yawning. Those big exhausting yawns that you need a nap after just because they were so big and exhausting. What do you think of that?


And Elves.
It seems our Shelf Elf either fell asleep last night and forgot to move or that he returned to the same exact spot because he did or didn't see what he wanted to yesterday. The kids are a little perplexed by that. I hope he doesn't fall asleep again and forget to move tonight! (note to self.)
And another Elf has moved in. This one is by the front door and I don't know where exactly he came from. He is adorable though, and I have to say if I had seen him all alone on a store shelf, I just may have purchased him, he is that cute.
The kids are so in love with all the magical things that keep happening around here. The elf appearing out of nowhere with no explanation is the latest. Liam found him. That kid has a good eye for details.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: