Monday, December 1, 2008

my friend Ruth

My friend Ruth.


Ruth and I met at BYU.
That's funny because I never attended BYU.
Our hubby's were in the same class at the J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU. Ruth and I met through the Law Partners program. She also stood by my side as VP our last year. She now lives in Houston but I don't see her often enough. Mostly because my husband's job is, or has been, CRAZY. Things will change. Things will change because this last time I saw her a few weeks ago, it had been two years! TWO years, almost the same amount of time we were in law school! And Houston isn't far away. It scares me a little, Houston. I don't know why. Hurricanes I think.
But Ruth is there.
One of the most talented, bright, energetic, creative women I know.
And thoughtful.
She gave me the cake pan to make this:

It's 3D - I made one half yellow and the other chocolate.

And she taught me how to make the best black beans in the world.
Love Ruth. Thankful for Ruth.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! She is a very creative, bright, energetic, thoughtful, and talented woman! I loved working with her the year before in Law Partners. And what a nice picture of you two! :-)

Ruth said...

dixie you are too sweet. a few months ago i was reading your blog and thinking i wonder if i will ever be cool enough to make it onto a post. woohoo for me. i love that we had a chance to see each other and don't worry it won't be two years again we are so excited for rodeo time;) love ya
Ruth