Monday, December 8, 2008

Mom's cross stitch

Today as I walked out of the study I passed the pile that has sat on the floor near the door since May. May? Really. Has it been that long? It is the pile of "stuff" that I need to go through from my Grandmother's home that I brought home after her death. I have just kept it boxed and piled to go through later. I notice it from time to time, or think of it now and then. But today something caught my eye. . .

It was this:

It a cross stitch that my Mom made years and years ago. Years. So long ago she didn't even sign it or put a date on it. I know it is one of the first she did and it was a gift to my Grandma. My Grandma kept it up year round and ... and... it was covered in plastic wrap! you know, to keep the dust off.
Well Mom, I took the plastic wrap off today and put it out.
Amazingly, the creamy background fabric is like new. Really.



So I thought I would show you a few other Christmasy cross stitches that Mom has done of the years. These ones are mine though and they have never been covered in plastic wrap! Unless they are in storage.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: