Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Softer Side of the Rant

pregnant-blue

Yesterday I had a few things to say about being pregnant.

Today, I want to make sure that you all know that, for the most part, I was trying to be funny as I let off some steam.

The truth is, being pregnant is a personal thing for me, sacred and spiritual.  A life is growing within me.  SomeONE separate from myself, with his own body, brain, heart and spirit – lives inside my belly.  He moves independent of me or my control.  And yet, I am responsible for him on all accounts.   Nourishment, protection, adequate rest.  And at the same time, I have to trust that my body knows how to do this without my conscience thought.  I have learned, not the hard way – but still learned, that he comes first and that my body will give up literally everything for him without me making or even know of the decision to sacrifice self for him.  I can barely comprehend it most days myself, let alone put it all into words for someone else to feel and understand in the manner in which I feel it. 

And because I feel it, believe it, to be such a sacred honor to grow a miraculous mortal body in God’s image for a spirit that has lived in a pre-mortal existence with Divinity, I don’t feel right complaining about the experience, or making it less than it is to me by so casually disregarding what it really is in common conversation.  When people ask me how I am feeling – I don’t think they are looking for a spiritual discussion.  I get the feeling they are looking for “the dirt,” unpleasantries and annoyances of my pregnancy.  When really, I couldn't imagine doing anything more worthwhile, meaningful and substantial with my life than to bring a child of God into the world.  I think that aspect of pregnancy is too often over looked and certainly taken for granted.

Is it hard sometimes? Yes, but I have a feeling it’s all more worth it than I can understand here on Earth.  Is it unpleasant and/or uncomfortable at times?  Yes, but I have learned those difficult times in life so often are the best times of my life when I get through them and look back. 

So, as with so many aspects of my life – I try and forget myself and go to work.

:)

No comments: