I have never had so many hospital bracelets before. It drove me slightly nutty! Baby Joseph had one on each leg and one on his wrist. This hospital was serious about tags! My four from left to right were: the nursery tag that said Joseph was mine; the bright red NKDA bracelet (No Known Drug Allergies); the I have blood banked at this hospital bracelet and the code to find it if they needed it; and finally the bracelet that said who I was, who my doctor was and my birthday.

The first time Alec gave me meds at home I said "Dixie Dunn, 7-2-5-7-5, no known drug allergies" because that is what the nurses either looked for or asked when they gave me medications. He laughed.
The first time Alec gave me meds at home I said "Dixie Dunn, 7-2-5-7-5, no known drug allergies" because that is what the nurses either looked for or asked when they gave me medications. He laughed.

No comments:
Post a Comment