Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Matter of Perspective – all the drama

It’s all a matter of perspective. 

Today was the BIG day.  Well, one of the big days leading

up to “the” BIG day (or the day that the

BIG Monster Gummy Bear Baby arrives. )

I think it’s clear – these well educated M.D.’s had me slightly freaked out with all the talk, hubbub and concern about my BIG baby.

The Monster Baby!

Print

Today was ESTIMATE day.  The day we took a peek via ultrasound to measure various important parts of the sweet little boy in my uterus to get some idea as to how BIG he is.  Remember – all the pressure from last week??? 

So just how Big is this baby?

Right now, today, the estimate is:

8 pounds 5 ounces

Anyone else out there laughing out loud?  I did.  Alec was just perplexed – is this a joke?  Granted they said the margin of error was +/- 19 ounces, more or less a pound or so.  AND – we are still three weeks from the due date and two weeks from the scheduled c-section.  But even still – they only estimate that he, the “monster baby,”  will be a pound more than that in two weeks.  Are they kidding?

Monster baby, really?  Is that a joke?

No, they were not kidding.  They think that’s big. 

What would they have called Noble at his 11 pounds 7 ounces?  Goliath?  Today when we discussed my “biggest” again, the comment was, “That’s just not right!”  And yet he is… just right.  Just right then, just right now, ten years later at his 5 foot 4 inch and 115 pounds of a ten year old. 

Could this MONSTER baby end up being my SMALLEST baby yet?  I am much more relaxed and calm this week.  They had me worried I was going to give birth to a 14 pounder or something… now, I think we will be lucky to break ten pounds.  Maybe I will load up on cookies and ice cream until then!  Just kidding docs, just kidding. 

No comments: