In honor of Nine Eleven.

When we first picked our lot that the house would be built on they told us our house number would be Nine Eleven, or Nine One One. Yikes. The thought crossed my mind that we should pick a different lot! But so much thought and effort and consideration had already gone into picking it that I decided I could live with it. We could live it.
We get a lot of comments about it. Some people think it's funny that the Relief Society President's house number is 9-1-1. But now, three years later, I have kind of grown attached to our number and the fact that it is associated with a very important time in our lives and for our country.
So today, September 11, 2008, when it was time for the pledge of allegiance, we went outside, posted the flag, talked about "Nine Eleven" and had the pledge outside.

When we first picked our lot that the house would be built on they told us our house number would be Nine Eleven, or Nine One One. Yikes. The thought crossed my mind that we should pick a different lot! But so much thought and effort and consideration had already gone into picking it that I decided I could live with it. We could live it.
We get a lot of comments about it. Some people think it's funny that the Relief Society President's house number is 9-1-1. But now, three years later, I have kind of grown attached to our number and the fact that it is associated with a very important time in our lives and for our country.
So today, September 11, 2008, when it was time for the pledge of allegiance, we went outside, posted the flag, talked about "Nine Eleven" and had the pledge outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment