Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Husband Left Me!

I just laugh when I say that... ha ha ha

Alec is outta town for the week. I don't like it. Not one bit. So what have I learned?
1) I am much more comfortable at home at night when he is here.
2) That I allofasudden forget I am a small town girl that doesn't lock much of anything ever and I become a lock freak- doors, windows, cars, what else can I lock?
3) That Godiva Chocolates do make me feel better - and make me a nice mother. (Good foresight my Love)
4) I had to have the phone right next to me all night long, in case I needed to call 911 or Alec called to say his hotel was on fire.
5) That I made sure the golf club that is next to Alec's side of the bed for protective purposes was really there in case I needed it.
6) I must be able to detect heartbeats because once Hewy crawled into bed with me at 4 a.m. this morning I slept more soundly than I did all night long.
7) That I am grateful to be in the cell phone generation - I tried not to have a heart attack when I couldn't get a hold of Alec but was grateful once I did. Oh, you were on an airplane, that's why it went straight to voicemail.
8) That "Twix-t" still makes me swoon just as much as it did 15 years ago.*

Come home my Love, come home.
Pick me, choose me, love me! - she says in her best Meredeth Grey whine

*While Alec and I were dating he secretly left a Twix candy bar (a favorite of mine and his) on my pillow with a poem:
May there little distance be
Twix-t you and me
throughout eternity
And last night as I went to bed - I found a Twix on my pillow!

No comments: