Last night as I sat on the green couch in the family room watching America's Got Talent Top Ten with my laptop on top of my lap creating the outline for my RS presidency meeting today Hewy came and stood in front of me and said:
"On your mark, get set, ch-garble-n!" And started to run, stopped, looked at me, said "You say it," backed up and got ready again...
So I said: "On your mark, get set, Go!" And he didn't run, but gave me a look like - did you not hear me?
"No 'go' - chicken!"
"Chicken?"
He gave an affirmative nod and got ready again.
"On your mark, get set, Chicken!" I said and and he was off and running and had a mile wide grin on his face as he completed the lap around the couch.
"Again!"
"On your mark, get set, Chicken!" I said
Only to be met with another stand still and an exasperated face - how could I possibly be a 33 year old mommy and not know how this game went?
"No, waffle!"
"Oh, waffle. Okay. On your mark, get set, waffle!" And he was off for another lap around the couch.
And then he was done, he didn't want to play anymore.
*This is funny because earlier in the day I had heard Liam play a "trick" on Hewy. "On your mark, get set, Chicken!" And then he would laugh and say "I didn't say go Hewy, I said, CHICKEN." And then he did the "trick" again with waffle. Ironically, Hewy too young to understand that this was a joke - thought they had created a new game.
love two year olds.
1 comment:
i love two yr olds too, and 8 yr olds and 3 yr olds
even when they are whining and crying and fighting and I think I can't take another minute
love love love em!
Post a Comment