Monday, September 1, 2008

Hewy kind of days

Just a sampling of what it's like to have a Hewy.


Has anyone seen Hewy? Is he with you boys? I can't find him. Hmmm. Panic starts to hit - did he get outside, is he in the drier (don't ask - but experience!), could he possibly be playing by himself somewhere (unheard of for my youngest child). Okay, when was the last time I saw him? we had just got home from swimming, I had just handed him a Granola Bar because he was hungry, the phone rang - that was 45 minutes ago.
Oh wait, here he is. Asleep in his wet swimsuit (now dry) curled up on the quiet room floor. Poor neglected child. The half eaten granola bar was there on the couch and I remember that I had heard a thump and him kinda whine about ten minutes earlier. I wonder if he fell asleep standing up leaning on the couch and then fell over? (and just to clarify, that is toy-plastic-food on the floor not real food.)



Hewy has been obsessed with Disney Pirate Tattoos since our cruise. It's a good thing they gave us several packages on the ship. We are about half way through our stash though... then what? We apply one every other day or so. Goofy, Donald, Mickey and Minnie.



And here we go - the blackmail pictures for his teenage years.
By our third child we think we have this potty training thing figured out - make it their idea. We started with the little potty - he likes to sit on it, but no action yet. That's okay, our hopes are by his fourth birthday and right now he is still two. So this weekend I bought new unders with characters that I knew he would go ga-ga for. Just how Ga-ga was a surprise.
He wanted to put them all on! All on. Over his jammies - it was Saturday so he got to stay in jammies all day, what am I saying, he's two, he can stay in his jammies whenever he wants. But he didn't stop there. He insisted that he wanted one on his head.

Okay, let me re-gain control of my hysterical laughing.

And then, (oh my sides hurt), and then his ears!


Okay, so someday he may want to tackle me but seriously, how cute and funny is this!? Chick Hick's from Cars on his bottom and Go Diego Go on his head! And he thought he was cool! In the end, the head gear didn't last too long - but he did wear three pairs over his jammies and one pair over his diaper under his jammies for the whole day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pics are great Dixie. You are right great for blackmail. You'll have to let me know if you have any great potty training tips. Chloe will sit on the "pot" but has only gone accidentally a few times. She just has no interest. I was cleaning out her dresser on Saturday. I bet she has 30 pairs of character panties. So far that hasn't worked. You'd think by five I'd have this figured out. I am beginning to remember how much I dislike potty training!