That's just the way it is. "Holes happen." That is what the personal chef who was teaching the cooking class I attended last week said. Just that simply. Holes Happen. She was cutting a pork loin into a filet that could be stuffed and rolled to yumminess - but she cut a little to far. Holes Happen. Just as matter-of-factly as could be and she moved on.
Why is this worth blogging? Well, it was funnier there in person with her Russian accent for one. But in addition to that, now looking back and pondering - the simplicity. She didn't cuss. She didn't throw the meat away. She didn't weep. Holes happen. It think it's my new motto even when there are no literal holes. Holes Happen.
Breakfast Cereal spills.
Markers colored on body parts
Broken dishes
Stains on carpet
Chocolate milk spills
Sippies leak
Black dresses show children messy face marks
Nylons run
Cowlicks
Laundry left in the washer too long so it smells bad
Ice cream left on the counter to melt
Gas tank on empty when I'm running late
Missed appointments
Nike shirts on dates
Weeds in the lawn
Someone stole our garbage can
Neighbors have all night party
The DVD skips
Out of paper for the printer
The dryer ate one of every sock pair we own
etc.
Holes Happen.
2 comments:
Nylons don't run if you don't wear them, and I think I know who stole your trash can!!
Sippies leaking is the worst! Especially when there is milk, even CHOCOLATE MILK!
Post a Comment