Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tarteletts

My Grandma gave me little tart pans years ago. I remember when she gave them to me she asked if I would use them - of course! It took me years to do it. Admittedly because I was slightly intimidated by them. But I kept them. And thought about Grandma every time I saw them. Well, I promised that I would use them, I just didn't say when! And last week I did.


I made Lemon and Chocolate tarts.
The lemon was homemade Lemon Curd - which I have to say sounds a lot hard than it is. Really fellow cooks, you mix it in a double boiler and then stir it ever ten minutes for 40 minutes. And then you try really hard not to eat it with a spoon!
The Chocolate was Ganache and I have never ever not even once had Ganache turn out and this one did. Thick and gooey and set up beautifully.
And the crust. Oh the crust. Butter and almonds. What could be better than that?


Then I topped them with meringue, toasted them and topped that with chocolate shavings or lemon zest to tell them apart.
They were yummy. And really pretty simple for the payoff. You can also make the crust two days in advance.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ruth said...

i should give you my lemon curd recipe really easy 5 minutes and yes i could eat it with a spoon