Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh to be four and humble

This morning I was praying for each of my kids and listening for what the Lord would have me do today as their Mother and I realized that Hewy has gone from being on my lap non stop to barely talking to me at all.  I knew that having a baby would change my relationship with him but I miss him and the bond we had three months ago.  I was determined to correct this just a little bit today. 

I hugged him.  I kissed him.  I asked to read to him.  I asked if he would sit with me.

I cannot adequately explain how good it felt to hold him. 

Then Joseph needed me.

Hewy slid over so that I could hold Joseph.  He then started calling Joseph (who we regularly call “Seph” for short), “Star.”  That is my parents dog’s name.  But the more I corrected him, the more he insisted his name was Star.  So I in turn called him “Moon.” 

“I’m not Moon, I’m H-y!  H-y Hewlett Alexander Dunn!”

I laughed.  He liked that he could make me laugh.

So then I called him all kinds of things like, Grass, Lettuce, bobcat, etc.

At one point he said firmly, but playfully - “I’m H!”

So I said “Q” (like the letter)

And he said:

“I’m H. and CUTE!”

I am so in love with that little boy!

1 comment:

musicmom said...

You are such a great mom. What a sweet time for you and your "H". And a great memory to have down on record. Don't you just love blogging?