Thursday, February 5, 2009

Little things (maybe a tear jearker)

This week friends of ours lost their baby.
I obviously want to be very sensitive to this. I don't want to be disrespectful or inconsiderate in anyway. But it has been such a consuming and influential part of my life this week that I have to write about it.
I now know more than I ever hope to need again about infant death and burials.
I have strongly felt the love of our Savior as I have served this family this week.
I have had much help from my family and friends as I have needed to spend so much time away from my home and children this week - I feel indebted and blessed.
There is a very touching story about these socks - but I feel it too sacred to share on the blog. But I wanted it recorded so that I could remember. Remember the feeling of this week. Remember the power of the service I have given this week. Remember the sacredness of life. Remember no matter how small - life is precious.


I made these socks for the baby.
They fit on my thumb.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hurts my heart to know someone is going through pain.