I know this tag has made the rounds, but it is the first time that I think I have gotten this one myself. . . .
Kristi - you are in deep trouble. :) Just kidding, I luv this stuff!
10 years ago - okay I really didn't sense much of a generation gap between me and Kristi until now! While Kristi was wearing braces in the 8th grade!!!! Ten years ago I had been married for 3 1/2 years! yikes! DOUBLE yikes! So lets see, ten years ago, that was 1998. We lived on Mitt Lane in Salt Lake and probably had received 36 fresh inches of snow overnight and Alec had called in sick because he was SICK of snow! I was a massage therapist with a longing, yet long suffering heart, to have children. My prayers were about to be answered as I found out I was expecting Noble on Mother's day 1998. I was serving, hee-hee, in the Primary presidnecy of the Brighton 3rd ward. I was a scrapbook queen. This was a great time in my life.
5 things on my to do list today. one big HA!
1) Home - dishes, put valentine stuff away, put up St. Patty stuff, match enormous laundry basket full of lonely socks, 2 loads or more of laundry, this list doesn't end, but I will not bore you.
2) Homeschool - Feildtrip day! Alamo, RiverWalk, Hyatt, Buckhorn Saloon and Museum. Read aloud with Liam, Noble and Hewy seperatly; listen to Story of the World in the car.
3) Family - morning family prayers and scriptures, nighttime prayers and scripture snack; lunch with Alec downtown; take my parents on field trip;
4) Relief Society - take Gifford's dinner; return Brad's phone call about keys; return 3 other RS related calls, make comp service arrangements, plan visits for next week, call VTee, VT comp, VTers for a monthly check in.
5) Self - take allergy meds to kick Texas allergies behind out of my chest; go to bed before 11; personal prayers and scripture study; email Lois; read PResident Monson's talk that Alec sent me; shower?
And that is all on the list - who knows what will come up!
5 snacks I enjoy - Why limit ourselves
1) Chocolate - chocolate with almonds, Lyndt raspberry chocolate, Godiva Almond Butter Chocolate.
2) Sweets - licorice,
3) Cakelike - Boston Creme Pie, chocolate chip cookies
4) Salties - cashews, jalpano Kettle chips,
5) Souries - sour apple apple jelly bellies, sour cherry candies
What I would do if I were suddenly a billionare:
Wake up and realize it was a dream!
I can't even count that high. How would I know how to spend it?
Pay a generous tithing and fast offering for the rest of my life.
Hire our trustworthy accountant to work for us full time.
Make sure we are living off of interest only.
Pay off law school debt, house and cars.
Have Alec quit his job and golf the PGA tour.
Travel - everywhere. No stone unturned.
Spend as much time with loved ones as possible.
Build a castle that had private gigantic living space for all my favorite people (so much so we would forget we lived in the same place) and a common area we could laugh and play together.
Leave money on starving law school students doors anonymosly.
Serve my fellowman to the best of my abilities, time, talents and energy.
Jobs I have had:
daughter of God
Mother of future leaders
Humble servant to Savior
Helpmeat to choice Son of God
Daughter to parents kind and dear
Sister to champion mentors
friend to all who come into sphere of influence
Bad habits:
Queen of Clutter
Ambassidor of Self criticism
Start but don't finish . . .
Places I have lived:
Utah - Salt Lake, Heber, Vernal, American Fork, Ogden, Orem, Salt Lake
Texas - San Antonio
5 Things people don't know about me:
I am an open book, what are you talking about!?
That sometimes I am lonely - but I have learned the only way to have a friend, is to be one.
That I see so much more good in other people than I see in myself - but I KNOW through Heavenly Fathers's eyes he sees the good in me that I see in other people.
That I am hard on myself for not doing more and doing it better than I do, but that I feel the peace of going to bed knowing I've done my best.
That I am an introvert that is terrified to talk to people, hate to talk on the phone and hate big groups of people, but I put myself out there anyway!
That when i count my blessings I am the luckiest person in the world - sorry all y'all, it's me, not you. :)
Now I tag whom ever reads this that has not done this tag before!
1 comment:
Awww, cool! I'm so glad you did this. I like tags because of how people express themselves. I have to say your tag was deeper than most of my other friends. Ha ha. You have to know I was a very mature 8th grader. ;) So we're really not that different. (I'm joking of course- is there such a thing as a mature 8th grader?)
Hope you guys had fun on your fieldtrip! Your blog consistently makes me realize what I missed out on not doing homeschool-- the only field trips I remember from school were going to the Spud Museum, the Fish Hatchery (yuck) and to see Old Faithful probably 8+ times. (Though I enjoyed being with friends, there wasn't much "learning" that goes on after about your 3rd time when you're 9.) Not to mention we suffered through National School assemblies- Creepy mimes, a crazed family of unicyclists with the same routine... and a guy who brought100snakes and one started to strangle one of our teachers. It was traumatic (I'm sure his career path changed after that.) I'm still scarred for life.
Post a Comment