Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love.

Yep. I love.

I realized today as I emailed Laura, my Mother-in-law, just how much I love.

I love my husband. I love that his family is important to him and that he make sacrifices for our behalf. I love that he lives a life that makes those around him notice a difference between him and “the other guy” and I love that people let him know they are watching.

I love Noble. He is growing and maturing more quickly than my motherly heart can keep up with, but I delight in him and the peace that maturity has brought to him.

I love Liam and his many insights, including into souls, that seem ages above his years. I love that he has a face that tells it all from rich happiness to deep sorrow.

I love Hewy and his characteristic fun-ness and humor. I love his silliness and his attachment bond that holds my heart tight and drives my brain crazy.

I love that my boys-three love each other beyond measure on earthly scales.

I love my parents and their unwaverying support of me and our family. I love that they taught me to be fun and to let others in.

I love that Anna has made me think about being more organized and that, aak, it is almost natural to me these days.

I love that I love San Antonio, because I miss Utah.

I love the women of this world and their strength and the good nature of their hearts.

I love that God keeps his promises.

I love that we have so many people to love, from parents to grandparents, siblings to cousins, friends and neighbors, fellowmen to strangers on the street.

I love that we have experienced heartache, sadness, rejection, and fear so that we can recognize how beautiful, sweet, joyful and peaceful our life, my life, really is.

I love.

I love that I love so much that I cannot list them all at one time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dixie, you're so awesome. I do need you to explain however how you love San Antonio BECAUSE you miss Utah. Maybe you have some ideas for me. :) You are great at expressing yourself/gift with words. I heard that about you like the first week we moved into the ward. (Its of course very true). Happy Valentines Day! :)

DixieJo said...

sorry Kristi...
I left off a comma. It should have said: I love that I love San Antonio, because I miss Utah. If I didn't love San Antonio, it would make missing Utah unbearable. make sense or muddy?