Monday, February 4, 2008

Stand a little taller

My Second Counselor, Camille, was scheduled to teach last Sunday on Faith. I was deeply touched when I told her that I felt we needed to let the Sisters talk about President Hinckley and let people bear testimony if they felt prompted to and she told me she had the same prompting. She ended up starting her lesson with this short video tribute of his life and then we all shared our memories of him. It was a touching Sunday lesson.



I was surprised while watching it, how much I will miss his voice and the security I have always found in it. I was taken back to the many time that I saw him in person and how each time it touched and changed my heart. The dedication of the Mt. Timp temple sitting in the Celestial Room with him for the dedication and being in the room and hearing his voice in person. Having him at Alec's law school graduation and how personal it felt to have him there. And then there was the time we met him and Sister Hinckley, when I held their hands, looked in their eyes and conversed with them. That was a powerful, life influencing exchange. I will miss him, but do not doubt he is already at work on the other side.

I will stand a little taller because of him throughout my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dixie, THANK YOU! I stole this to put on my blog because I have many who don't know who he is. I appreciate your kind words.