I am not a fan of road trips. Have I said that before?
I do my best to make the tolerable for the kids and adults. This road tip to Utah and back I made them each a drawstring bag to keep small items in, a hanging bag that they could keep "their" stuff in (like gum, candy, pencils, etc) and everyone brought a pillow. We were packed tight, but comfy, with all the goodies, activities and people. There was a goodie bag for each child every few hours and snacks to keep mouths busy! I also encouraged lots of stopping and not only to go potty, but to stretch our legs and do/see something.

Road trip snap shots.
I do my best to make the tolerable for the kids and adults. This road tip to Utah and back I made them each a drawstring bag to keep small items in, a hanging bag that they could keep "their" stuff in (like gum, candy, pencils, etc) and everyone brought a pillow. We were packed tight, but comfy, with all the goodies, activities and people. There was a goodie bag for each child every few hours and snacks to keep mouths busy! I also encouraged lots of stopping and not only to go potty, but to stretch our legs and do/see something.

Road trip snap shots.

One of the stops going to Utah was Roswell, New Mexico. We had to drive through it anyway, might as well have a look around. Even the McDonald's is spaceship shaped. We visited the UFO museum and got several license plates for our license plate game in their parking lot. People from all over the country are interested in Aliens!

Also on the way to Utah we stopped at Four Corners. We went out of our way to stop at Four Corners. And guess what - the monument was under construction and we couldn't even stand in all four states at one time! However, it is on a Navajo Reservation and I had a Navajo Taco made by a Navajo and it was super yummy. Perhaps not worth an hour out of way trip to eat a really great taco, but we had to make our own shining light with what we had.


No comments:
Post a Comment