Monday, August 2, 2010

Hewy's first (three) stripe test

Each month the boys can "earn" a stripe on their karate belt. They have to show that they know how to do what has been taught and show discipline and respect to themselves, the class and the teacher. It's such a proud parent moment to watch my boys "earn their stripes."



Hewy seems pretty proud too.


"Bow Run"
It took me awhile to learn what Mr. Lopez was saying at the start of class after the class lined up - but now I know, "Bow Run" means bow and run to your place one at a time. I know it seems silly that I didn't know. But he says it in a loud-quick way. Anyway - this Hewy Bow-Running. :) Look at the expression! Here I come watch out!


This is line up before BowRun.
They line up by rank, highest belts first, then height and if he is being really serious, by stripes.



This is self defense. You see Mr. Lopez approach him, grab him, Hewy does his moves, then pushes him and runs. I love these moves more than anything they have learned.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: