Last week we took a break from normal school work and took a side trip to Enchanted Rock State Park. It is a large Granite Dome that has been there for a billion or so years. You can hike it if you are up for it.

Here are the boys at the base. It really is not that far to the summit, but it is steep in many places.
Here are the boys at the base. It really is not that far to the summit, but it is steep in many places.
On our way up.
See that tree? That is where I decided to sit and wait while the boys and Grandpa went the rest of the way up. (it was shady) :)

3 comments:
I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥
Dixie, I read through most of these blogs. We thought they were wonderful! You're such a good writer. I sure wish we were there for more of your experiences! It looks like so much fun.
Such a good family. Love Mom Dunn
I guess I should stop mocking you for not going strawberry picking!
Post a Comment