Sunday, May 25, 2008

Super Yum!!!

Okay, I am not usually one for "better for you food" - I mean I like the rich yumminess of butter, the creaminess of chocolate, the richness of heavy heavy cream, the flavor of sugar -white and brown, etc. etc. I have tried swapping out some of the "bad" for some of the "good" here and there and lets just say, I am on the bad side.

Until tonight.

I tried a recipe that I have been wanting too for some time. It's from Hungry-Girl which if you haven't been to her website, you should go. click here: Hungry-Girl

So what I tried tonight was Yum Yum Chocolate Muffins.
It doesn't get much easier than this I tell ya. And everyone loved them, kids, grandpa, Hubby, Grandma, Me, me, me!

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 15oz can pumpkin
(yep that's it)

mix with electric beaters because it's gonna be thick. Put into 12 greased muffin tins. (you want them kind of heaping, they won't rise)
Bake at 400* for 20 min

I am not kidding. I am in love with these brownies. Is it the right mix of fudgy and cakey? Is it that I know there is no oil or egg? Is it the idea of a veggie tasting like chocolate?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

what kind of frosting do you use?? they sound yummy i think i have both the ingredients

The Awesome Rawsons said...

I tried those once, and my picky fatty food loving husband loved them as much as I did! I'm definitely going to make those again. Thanks for reminding me :)