Happy Mother's day to all you women out there!
Every year I have Alec take a picture of me with the boys on Mothers day. Too often, I don't make it into the pictures because I am the one snapping away. But here is proof that I exist! :)

The old me would have coordinated us a little better. Gotta love the island shirt on H! but the new me, that hopefully is humble, not hopeless, is okay that not one of us is wearing a single color that is the same. I guess the boys all have blue in their shirts. Just blue and red, blue and brown and blue and yellow. And of course, I am in purple. On Sunday mornings we are lucky to find clean church cloths for everyone, let alone Sunday mornings that Mom has been M.I.A for 12 days.
Every year I have Alec take a picture of me with the boys on Mothers day. Too often, I don't make it into the pictures because I am the one snapping away. But here is proof that I exist! :)
The old me would have coordinated us a little better. Gotta love the island shirt on H! but the new me, that hopefully is humble, not hopeless, is okay that not one of us is wearing a single color that is the same. I guess the boys all have blue in their shirts. Just blue and red, blue and brown and blue and yellow. And of course, I am in purple. On Sunday mornings we are lucky to find clean church cloths for everyone, let alone Sunday mornings that Mom has been M.I.A for 12 days.
Funny face time. The only way we get them to pose is to promise to take funny face pictures. It is no surprise that my kiddos like to ham it up.
After listening to the talks at church today, and the lesson in RS... I was left wondering if we have it all backwards. Perhaps Mother's day shouldn't be a day to honor our Mother's (don't get in a huff - I agree we deserve a day that honors us) but perhaps we need to honor ourselves as Mothers on this day. Take a step back and for once see the good we do, take credit for work, sweat and tears. No one else can make us feel good as Mom's. Right? Are we not our toughest critics? Are we not the ones that set the bar high? Are we not the ones that want to give them just a little more good, better and best?
There are a lot of Moms out there second guessing themselves, putting unmeasurable amounts of stress on themselves to do more and do it better... give yourselves credit, see the good you do. It is a "plan of happiness" and half of that plan is ours, lets be happy about it.
I don't want my kids to grow up thinking I didn't like the job that I chose. Stay at home mom. I didn't chose it because it was easy.
Pat yourselves on the back.

2 comments:
I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing those and your thoughts on mothers!
i am with you 100% on that one. And I am so glad that your family had you back for mother's day.
Post a Comment