I promise, the story is worth reading…
You all know by now from reading the blog that I L.O.V.E., love, lovelovelove my sweetheart, right? That I think he is one of the God’s greatest gifts to me and my children. That he is … so much more than I am eloquent enough to say or write about.
He worked like a mad man this past weekend. After not having “work enough to do” for weeks, there was once again too much work to be done in the time given. He read something like 800 documents in two days. On average they took him two minutes each to read, some more, some less. He worked from home, but worked all weekend. Day and Night.
So imagine his slight dismay when he arrived at work this morning only to be given 100 more documents to read! He was already cross-eyed from all the reading this weekend. (Alec has a dominant eye that when he is tired, he turns his head and looks/only uses that eye. All day Sunday he had his head turned using that eye. That’s how I know when he is truly tired.)
So today, he took a break for lunch. Often Alec just works from his desk through lunch. Today however he decided to go to “the kids driving range” (not just for kids, but that is what our family calls it) where he has “free golf range balls FOR LIFE” and hit a bucket or two. (yes, really – golf balls for life!)
But there was “something” going on down at the end of the course… a hole in one contest. It was $1 “per ball” to play but they offered him a two for one coupon, but he ended up buying a “deal” where they gave him 20 balls, a bottle or Rudy’s BBQ sauce and dinner for four at Rudy’s – well worth the $20 it cost him for the Rudy’s alone.
I believe it was ball 15 that bounced a couple times on the green and then… disappeared. Disappeared into the HOLE! A Hole in ONE! I think the prize was dinner for two at Flemming’s – but the prize he is most excited about??? A chance to hit for another hole in one later this week. Only that hole in one is worth:
$1,000,000
Wouldn’t that be nice?
It was just the thing he needed to brighten his day, week, month, perhaps year. Just the break he needed from sitting behind a desk with tired eyes reading hundreds of documents that most of us wouldn’t understand. I am so happy for him, not because it’s pretty cool or one of those “I will remember this for the rest of my life” moments – but because it means so much more to him. It’s a milestone, monumental moment that makes him… well, HIM. Proud of himself.
I am sure you all understand. When good things happen to those we love, we are happy for them, but when they are fulfilled and pleased for themselves – the joy and pride we feel for them is so much greater and more full!
I am so proud of him. So happy for him.
2 comments:
that's awesome if he wins the money let's go on a disney cruise together
What fun! Cheering for you from here!
Post a Comment