Thursday, September 3, 2009

Afraid of heights

Alec took a week, turning into almost two weeks, off from work to help me and bond with Joseph after the baby's arrival. So I naturally created a Honey Do list. Changing all the burned out light bulbs in the house was on the list. This included the oven light, the lights above my stove, the fan lights in the family room and "this" light that is in our stair way.



My sweet husband that is afraid of heights, of uncomfortable with heights would be a better way to put that, climbed the 35 feet to change it. He had to use the handy ladder that can be practically any shape and extend it all the way, put it on the first "platform" of the stairs and climb while my Dad held it so it didn't slip. I was grateful for the light and even more grateful that we have lived in the house four years this month and this is the first time it has burned out. I hope he doesn't have to make the climb for another four years!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Awesome Rawsons said...

you probably could have used your ladder for that! I really want to get it back to you.