However, my computer has been down. It came down with a headache (or wait, was that me?) last week. Therefore I took it in for a check up and it needed to stay with the laptop doctor overnight(s) for observation. I know, I know, the genius laptop doctor thinks I am a nitwit for bringing it to him for "just a headache" but the truth is I don't speak computer. I speak 1, 5, 10 and 12 year old. I speak enough golf and college football to impress my husband and his friends. I speak gourmet cooking. I speak yellow lab enough to keep her from begging at the table and not biting children (okay she does the last part herself). I speak karate, cub scouts, boys scouts, piano, guitar, Mindstorm Robotics and playdates. I speak diapers and laundry; dirty dishes and bedtime stories; sticky floors and snuggles. I blog, facebook and surf. I speak enough Word and Excel to do what I need to do. But I don't know how to fix computer headaches.
Now it's back. Shiny, new and relaxed. It's like it got a bath and massage while away. All the kinks were worked out in the file defragmentation and all the cob webs brushed away during the hard drive clean up and it has more shine than I think it did when it was new. Keys no longer kind of crunch because crumbs got under them or feel slightly tacky to the touch because well, fingers are sticky in our house. I did notice however that my tab key still has something on it. It is rough and only on the very medial edge. Ha! They missed that! But I am kind of glad. Because the first time I hit the tab key - was the first time I felt at home on my keyboard.
Stay tuned. I have a few posts in mind. Including: Joseph before and after a haircut, What everyone was doing at "that moment" I picked up the camera, and Down with the old, Up with the new - our latest family picture.
1 comment:
I enjoy your list of 'languages'. It makes me smile. Thanks for speaking friend so well too. :)
Post a Comment